Tourists can book a package holiday to Bhutan through both international and Bhutanese tour operators. Information is available from travel agencies. The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan and this must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more are as follows:
- High Season Tariff – USD 250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
- Season Tariff– USD 200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
The minimum price includes:
- All internal taxes and charges (including the royalty), accommodation, all meals, all travel with a licensed Bhutanese tour guide, all internal transport, camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours.
- The rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons US$ 30 per person per night